All submissions must include citations in MLA format. Students should use the Citation Machine website to cite the sources which need to be entered in the Sources area of the article.
The class should be divided into four or five groups, with no more than five students in a group. Give each group a name, i.e., Akkadians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Elamites, etc.
(Instructions for Students)
- Logon to the wiki website with your assigned username and password.
- Click on the Check the Facts link.
- Read the article, “Wiki Etiquette.”
- Locate your group’s folder in the article, Ancient Sumer. This will be your workspace.
- Read the entire article - Meet with your classmates via the wiki or in person and decide which section of the article you wish to correct, complete or append.
- Every content addition you make must be cited in the Sources area in MLA format.
- After the end of the exercise, your submissions and participation level will be reviewed and evaluated by your instructor. (See Grading Rubric)
- Note: Everyone must correct, complete or append at least one section. Use correct spelling and proper grammar in your submissions.
- Use the Discussion area (discussion tab) to conference with your fellow group members. You may share a section with a classmate, but both group members need to make changes to the section.
- Note: If you cannot mutually agree on what sections to correct and complete, please contact your instructor and you will be assigned an area.